E-book delivery details:
- On purchase, we will send you one licence key per copy within two working days.
- The e-book is accessible via VitalSource® e-book software - access details will be sent to you.
- You may use this at home, office, mobile device or anywhere you have access to the internet.
- As each key is a single user licence this will prohibit wider distribution.
This book introduces the concept of Intelligent Buildings to the wider construction community.
Edited by the Father of Intelligent Buildings, Derek Clements-Croome, the book explains that intelligent buildings should be sustainable, healthy, technologically aware, meet the needs of occupants and business, and should be flexible and adaptable to deal with change.
This means the processes of planning, design, construction, commissioning and facilities management including post-occupancy evaluation are all important. Buildings comprise many systems devised by many people and yet the relationship between buildings and people can only work satisfactorily if there is an integrated team with a holistic vision.
Table of Contents
Part I: Principles of Design and Management Practice
2. Building Owner's Perspective
3. Why Should a Client Invest in an Intelligent Building?
4. Bringing Intelligence to Buildings
5. Human factors
6. Integration of People, Processes and Products
7. Robustness in Design
8. Passive and Active Environmental Quality Control
9. Intelligent Buildings Management Systems
10. Integrated Teams Can Deliver More for Less
11. BIM: A Collaborative Way of Working
12. Post-Occupancy Evaluation
13. Tenets for Planning Design and Management of Intelligent Buildings Part II: Case Studies
14. Intelligent Buildings in Practice: the Buro Happold Experience
15. Post Occupancy Evaluation: University of Nottingham Jubilee Campus
16. Tall Building Design and Sustainable Urbanism: London as a Crucible
17. Druk White Lotus School, Ladakh, India
18. Energy Saving Potential for a High-Rise Office Building
19. An Intelligent Building Index Awarded Building
20. Intelligent Building Management