The TSI Quest Sound Examiner SE-400 series is a range of Class 1 and Class 2 sound level meters with data logging capabilities. The range includes models with intrinsically safety approval and all are suitable for use with the Detection Management Software (DMS) which helps safety and occupational professionals configure instrumentation to pre-saved setups along with the creation of reports and the sharing of recorded results via an export facility.
- Red versions (SE-401-IS and SE-402-IS) have Intrinsic Safety approvals
- Intuitive interface allows for out-of-box use with little to no training necessary
- User selectable data logging intervals for download and analysis with TSI Quest Detection Management Software (sold separately)
- Averaging functionality allows for easy measurement in variable environments
- Printing capability with optional digital printer* provides hard copy documentation in the field
- Choose from models with Class/Type 1 or Class/Type 2 microphones, dependent on your application
- SE-401 and SE-402-R models include removable preamp
Type SPL, LMax, LMin, LPk (peak), LEQ/LAVG, LE, elapsed time, peak and frequency
Weighting A, C, Z
Response time Fast and slow
Ranges 110 dBA total dynamic measurement range, Overall range 30 – 140 dBA (single range)
Max peak level 143 dBA (sampled peak)
Exchange rates 3, 4, 5 dBA
Status indicators Run, stop, battery status, OL (overload), UR (under-range), run-time, locked status
IEC Intrinsically safe rating
The SE-401-IS and SE-402-IS models are rated as EX ia IIP T4. A copy of the test certificate is available on request.
Sound Examiner kit contents
Included with each Sound Examiner Sound Level Meter is, a microphone, USB cable, USB power supply, WS-7 windscreen, calibrator adapter for 1/2" microphone and storage case. Meters with -AC3 include the AC-300 calibrator. -IS indicates the meter is intrinsically safe. -R indicates the microphone comes with remote option. SE-402 meters come with Class 2 microphones, SE-401 meters come with Class 1 microphones.