The TSI SidePak AM520i intrinsically safe (Ex rated) personal aerosol monitor is a small, portable, battery-operated, data-logging, light-scattering laser photometer that provides real-time aerosol mass concentration readings of dusts, fumes, mists, smoke and fog within a worker breathing zone. The inlet conditioners increase the mass concentration capability and provide size fraction cut points for PM 10, PM 4 (Respirable), PM 5 (China Respirable), PM 2.5 , PM 1 and 0.8 μm Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM).
This monitor is the perfect solution for real-time, personal aerosol sampling in a variety of workplace environments, including but not limited to general industry, foundries, construction sites, demolition sites, chemical plants, refineries, petrochemical, power and utilities, transportation, aerospace, maritime, confined spaces, tunnelling and mining.
- Ex rated product (See technical documents for full details)
- Robust impactors for higher mass concentration range
- Audible and visual alarms
- 0.8 μm Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM) impactor
- PM 5 China respirable size fraction impactor
- High capacity battery enabling 20 hours of continuous operation
- Colour display
- Real-time mass concentration measurement and data logging for "in-the-field" data analysis
- Push button menu operation or programmable through TrakPro software
- User-selectable alarm levels to alert workers to high aerosol concentrations
- Robust impactors enable reliable size fraction measurements at higher aerosol concentrations over longer run times
The TSI SidePak AM520i personal aerosol monitor has the following intrinsic safety ratings:
- Ex ia IIC T4 Ga
- Div I, Class I, A, B, C, D
- Div I, Class II, E, F, G
- Div I, Class III
The AM520i is rated for use in atmospheres known to contain flammable gases and vapors, flammable fibers, and flammable dust.
Sensor type 90° light scattering, 650 nm laser diode
Calibration Calibrated against a gravimetric reference using the respirable fraction of standard ISO 12103-1, A1 test dust
Aerosol concentration range 0.001 to 100 mg/m3
Particle size range 0.1 to 10 μm
Minimum resolution 0.001 mg/m3
Zero stability ± 0.001 mg/m3 over 24 hours using 10 second time constant
Temperature coefficient Approximately +0.0005 mg/m3 per °C (for variations from temperature at which instrument was last zeroed)
Flow rate range User-adjustable, 0 to 1.8 liters/min (l/min) Note: Upper range is dependent on impactor or cyclone attached to the SidePak AM520i monitor
Operating temperature range 0 °C to 50 °C
Operating humidity range 0 to 95 %rh, non-condensing
For further technical details please refer to the product data sheets.