- China Condensing Unit Market Development in 2020
BSRIA and the Chinese Association of Refrigeration released the "2020 China Refrigeration Industry Development Report" at the Shanghai Refrigeration Exhibition on April 8, 2021. The report analyses development and changes in the condensing unit (CDU) market in 2020 and summarizes challenges faced by the industry.
- Decarbonisation is gathering pace as heating technologies compete in the main European markets
2020-2021 was a decisive point for the heating industry, not only because of the pandemic but also the push for Green Economic Recovery. Here, BSRIA Worldwide Market Intelligence explores scenarios for transition in the European heating industry in the decade ahead.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) technologies pushed by the pandemic
The latest BSRIA World Air Conditioning and BACS studies published in March 2021, revealed that there has been a significant number of new products launched especially in the splits air conditioning market and DX coil air handling units (AHUs)
- World HAC&R Compressors – Japan and APAC
BSRIA is publishing the fifth and final report in its series on the Global market for compressors used in applications for Air Conditioning, Heat Pumps, and Refrigeration. The reports cover world regions: Americas, EMEA, China, India, Japan and rest of Asia. One global overview report will also be issued.
- Residential and commercial boilers in USA: latest trends and prospects
Covid is only one challenge the US heating industry faces, alongside the climate crisis, urbanisation, adoption of greener gas solutions, increasing demand for electricity and integration of heating solutions, which create challenges and opportunities and will certainly make the landscape quite different by 2030.
- UK HVAC trends: Winners and Losers
The long-term trend is for VRF is unclear but industry experts expect a rise in chiller heat pump sales pushing the chiller market higher. Hydronic heat pumps less than 50kW will grow towards 2025 but sales will be limited by dwelling completions each year and the government budget from the successor to the RHI scheme
- COVID impact on world structured cabling market
BSRIA has published 16 reports on global structured cabling markets for 2020. The reports focus on USA, Brazil, Mexico, China, HK & Macao, Japan, India, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, UAE, Saudi Arabia and South Africa cabling markets, for local area networks and data centre applications.
- The future of UK standards post-Brexit
As of January 2021, the UKCA mark replaced CE marking in the UK, except in Northern Ireland. Products placed on the UK market can be sold with a CE mark until 1 January 2022 to give businesses time to adjust, at which point they will need to comply with the requirements of the UKCA mark.
- China Refrigeration Market Development in 2020
BSRIA and the Chinese Association of Refrigeration jointly released the "2020 China Refrigeration Industry Development Report" at the Shanghai Refrigeration Exhibition. The report reviews the refrigeration compressor market in 2020 and predicts future market development.
- US Building Automation Controls (BACS) Market Hit by Covid-19. No Major Recovery until 2022
BSRIA forecasts US BACS market decline in 2021 before recovery in 2022, with “normal” growth from 2023 onwards. It is possible that Biden’s stimulus measures, if agreed and implemented in full, might filter through to the BACS market, boosting growth. But the nature of project timescales means this will take time.
- World Air Conditioning Markets during 2020 global pandemic
The pandemic created a large economic downturn worldwide, felt at every level of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry. The commercial sector was hit in every part of the world, customer demand has changed, and operation and planning among HVAC manufacturers and distributors has changed.
- 2020 paves the way for greener heating across Europe
For the last decade we have seen increasing demand for energy-efficient HVAC systems from building industry stakeholders and the public, driven by the implementation of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive.
- Artificial Intelligence: A Game Changer for Smarter, Safer Buildings?
AI has vast potential in solving key building challenges faced today. With buildings accounting for some 40% of energy consumed, they face a twin challenge of both improving energy efficient and of maximising use of green and renewal energy.
- Building Automation Controls: Market hit by COVID-19 but Set to Bounce Back
BSRIA has updated its forecasts for Building Automation Controls (BACS) based on research into the major global markets. According to the findings the short- term impact of COVID-19 has been significant, with the global BACS market now expected to decline in 2020 instead of growth forecasted in March.
- US Commercial Refrigeration Market
BSRIA has just published its latest study on the market for Commercial Refrigeration in USA. The study provides a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the current and future market trends for refrigeration products in non-residential systems, excluding industrial applications.
- Indian HAC&R compressor market expects to see fast recovery from 2021
BSRIA is publishing a new report on the compressor market covering India. The third Regional Report of the global series of studies on the Compressor Market. The different compressor types covered in this study include rotary, scroll, reciprocating, screw and centrifugal products.
- New Opportunities in the Middle East following the COVID-19 pandemic
2019 was a good year in Middle East countries with many large projects delivered, but the beginning of 2020 saw a reduction in projects mainly due to economic uncertainties related to the decreasing oil revenue. In addition, COVID-19 massively reduced income from tourism and transit trade as well as local consumption.
- COVID-19 Update: Is the Green Recovery threatening the boiler markets?
COVID-19 has caused lockdowns, impacted on the construction sector, and triggered redundancies which in turn diminished consumers’ purchasing power. Heating manufacturers try to conserve cash, wholesalers reduce their inventories, installers stay away from work, and supply chains are interrupted.
- COVID-19 Update: Heat Pump markets expected to recover in the short term
In order to assess the impact of COVID-19 on the heat pump sector, BSRIA Worldwide Market Intelligence carried out further market research in Europe, China and the U.S.
- US residential Air Conditioning and Close Control Data Centre market show greater resistance to COVID-19 challenges than the commercial market
After a positive start to the beginning of 2020, the US economy has been hit hard by the rapid spread of Covid-19, initially limited to the North East and West and then extending to most of the States.
- Global structured cabling market expected to decline by 12% in 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic
Updated BSRIA research indicates that the global market for structured cabling is set to decline by 12% from USD 6.6 billion in 2019 to 5.8 billion in 2020. A return to the 2019 sales level is not expected before 2022.
- Indoor Air Quality developments accelerated by Covid-19 pandemic
We spend over 80% of our time indoors and perhaps a little more since national and local lockdowns were introduced across the world due to the pandemic. There is increasing pressure on employers to address the issue of providing good Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in workplace in order to get staff back to work.
- BSRIA HVAC&R Industry Presentation brings insight to the 2020 markets performance
In the past 6 months BSRIA has been monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on the HVAC&R sector, and released updated market trends in September 2020. Based on this latest insight, BSRIA’s market experts delivered insightful presentations about the current and future trend on the global HVAC&R industry.
- China air conditioning market set for good recovery in 2021
The market is expected to see a healthy rebound in 2021. New energy efficiency standards, officially implemented on the 1st July 2020, are among key factors that will keep boosting the market for domestic air conditionings.
- COVID-19 creates new technological and end user opportunities despite financial challenges
As part of BSRIA’s quarterly Business COVID-19 Impact survey, in September we focused on an update of business expectations for 2020-21, technological changes and the pandemic’s impact on Business Models, as well as on specific vertical applications.
- A Decade for Heat Pumps
BSRIA Worldwide Market Intelligence has released updated forecasts for key HVAC products that take into consideration the impact current pandemic has had on the markets.
- BSRIA Presenting Latest Trends in Middle East at Big 5 Expo in Dubai
BSRIA will be presenting the most up to date market outlook, including growth drivers and challenges for the MEP and HVAC-R Industry
- Copper Demand Set To Grow As The Data Centre Industry Changes
Copper use in the Data Centre (DC) industry will continue to grow as the market is moving towards large and hyperscale DCs on one hand and the edge DCs on the other
- BSRIA Extends UKAS Accreditation for Testing of Individual Zone Controllers
BSRIA has successfully extended the scope of its UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) accreditation to include the testing of Individual Zone Controllers (IZC) in accordance with the eu.bac (European building automation controls association) Certification Scheme
- BSRIA launches White Paper on 'Megatrends: Globalisation'
This White Paper examines the key ways in which globalisation is already affecting building services and how it may do so in future
- BSRIA Study Shows US Industrial Refrigeration Market Worth US$ 2 Billion
Industrial Refrigeration Market growth is driven by demand for industrial refrigeration systems in the US
- Big growth in District Heating markets: now & on the horizon
The market of district energy (DE), including district heating and district cooling, has witnessed large growth in many countries in Europe in the last five years – and also a significant growth in China.
- BSRIA Supports Smart Buildings Show 2019
BSRIA is delighted to be speaking, exhibiting and supporting the Smart Buildings Show – taking place on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th October at Olympia, London
- BSRIA speaking at & supporting ISK-SODEX Exhibition in Istanbul - 2019
BSRIA is proud to be speaking at and supporting ISK-SODEX 2019 taking place at the Tüyap Fair Convention and Congress Center, Istanbul, Turkey, between Wednesday 2nd – Saturday 5th October 2019.
- Europe set for rapid growth in Smart Connected HVAC market
Europe is seeing a rapid growth in the market for Smart Connected HVAC, which refers to a heating, cooling or air conditioning system which is connected to a network – usually the internet – enabling its performance to be monitored and analysed.
- BACS Building Automation Controls - the information revolution
The industry is in the early stages of what could become a revolution in which data, the Cloud, analytics, IP connectivity and system convergence all “come together” to create the genuinely ‘smart’ building.