The recently published BSRIA market intelligence study on the Global Overview Analysis of Fire and Security (GOA F&S) shows that the global Fire Detection and Electronic Security Systems market continues to grow robustly – for fire at almost five per cent per annum and for security – it is forecast to grow between two and a half and three per cent per annum. Both of these are for the UK. Demand in the fire market continues to favour the sale of multi-sensor detectors in the pursuit of reducing false alarms.
Terrorism has become a stronger driver of the security systems market and led to wider acceptance of surveillance, however CCTV cameras have experienced major price erosion. The intruder alarm market too focuses on reducing false alarms. Integration is up: combining access control with HVAC. Lighting solutions and smart phones are starting to appear as a human-centric security solution. Cloud-based, security-as-a-service offerings are also developing.
Jeremy Towler, Senior Manager – Energy and Smart Technologies, BSRIA Worldwide Market Intelligence, said: “The aims of this report were to acquire an overview of the essential metrics and characteristics of the market by size, segmentation, trends, drivers, forecasts, distribution channels. Worth some US$ 97 billion, this lucrative market will continue to attract new entrants, with innovative technologies and novel business models that can disrupt traditional business.”
This study forms part of BSRIA’s regular multi-client report programme. The Global Overview Analysis studies represent a value-for-money overview of the essential metrics and characteristics of the market. These reports show the latest developments and trends in the market for building Fire Detection and Electronic Security Systems products, value added services and service and maintenance.
They provide the market size in 2015, two years’ history and forecasts until 2020 for total product, value add, installed systems, service and maintenance and total business for 10 separate countries.
Why you need this report
This report provides insights into:
- Market size, segmentation and forecasts to 2020.
- Supplier product market shares.
- Product sales to eight verticals by building type.
- Market size for fire detectors, call points, addressable and non-addressable panels, annunciators / mimics, audio / visual indicators, in / output modules and network supervisory equipment.
- Access control systems: readers, controllers, communication elements, software, door entry / phone systems and standalone / mechatronic access control products.
- CCTV / video surveillance systems: detectors, analogue and IP cameras and housings, DVR, NVR, software and encoders, as well as other related equipment.
- Intruder alarm systems: detectors, control panels, audio-visual equipment and keypads.
- Market background and drivers in each country.
- Value-add, service and maintenance and total business markets and forecasts to 2020.
For more information on the availability and costs of this BSRIA’s report and on corporate business opportunities in the North American market, contact BSRIA Inc on +1 312 753 6800 or email@example.com.
Geographical Scope: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, North America, Russia, Spain, and the UK. Plus: Europe, Asia, Middle East & Africa.
Methodology: Telephone interviews with suppliers.