More than 2.9 million valves were sold to the commercial sector in 2013, 86% of which were for small valves of less than or equal to DN25 (1"). The next most popular category was for medium sized valves of between DN25 (1") and DN50 (2"). Due to the replacement market, the number of actuators sold can always be expected to exceed the number of valves sold. Therefore, it is not surprising to see that around 3.9 million valve actuators for commercial applications were sold, of which 95% were linear stroke type however only about 8% incorporated spring return. A large proportion of these were Thermostatic heads and thermal / thermo-electric actuators at the lower end of the market, however beyond these, electric linear actuators accounted for around a third of all commercial actuators sold and two thirds of the market by value. The majority of these were sold with analog (modulating) control functionality.
The market for valves is forecast to grow in volume terms in at 2.7% CAGR up to 2017. Pressure independent control valves (PICVs) are forecast to grow much more rapidly, almost doubling their share of the valve market by volume, from 7% in 2013 to 12% in 2018. This reflects, amongst other things, the strong impetus to improve energy-efficiency. The actuator market will grow at about 3% CAGR, experiencing stronger pull from the retrofit market and demand will be strongest for thermostatic heads and thermal / thermo-electric actuators rotary ball valve actuators.
New global report now available from BSRIA
BSRIA has recently published a report on the European Hydronic Controls market 2014 (France, Germany, Italy, Poland, and the United Kingdom). This study comprises 2 reports per country:
- The total residential & commercial buildings market;
- A detailed commercial buildings market segmentation.
These reports provide you the segmentation by:
- Thermostatic radiator, mixing, zone, safety relief, pressure reducing, manifold and pressure independent control valves (PICV)
- Threaded and flanged 2, 3 and 4 port valves
- Globe, ball , slipper, butterfly valves by various sizes
- Self-acting, gear, and thermal actuators
- Thermal, electric, pneumatic linear/rotary valve actuators with/(out) spring return, by force range and control signal
- Programmers, time switches, sensors, weather compensators and multi-zone controllers (UfH)
- (Non-)/Programmable thermostats
- Forecasts to 2020
Based on primary research with manufacturers/ distributors, each report comprises approx. 40-50 pages in Word format.
For more information on the availability and costs of these reports contact BSRIA Inc. on email@example.com or +1 312-753-6800.