Spon's Mechanical and Electrical Services Price Book 2021 continues to be the most comprehensive and best annual services engineering price book currently available, providing detailed pricing information across the full range of mechanical and electrical services, together with higher-level costs for a diverse range of systems and different building applications.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2021 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform, available for access and use until the end of December 2021.
In this year’s book
• An overhaul of the uninterruptible power supply section, and revised costs for air source heat pumps
• new items including:
– HDPE pipe for above ground drainage systems
– fire protection mist systems
– electric vehicle chargers
• new engineering features: data centre cooling, later living developments, residential heat pumps, large scale heat pumps, and local energy networks
• Articles on intelligent buildings to boost productivity efficiency and well being, ways data analytics is transforming BIM, digital delivery and the design process, and coronavirus and the future of work
All the standard features you have come to expect from Spon's Mechanical and Electrical Services Price Book are also included, considered essential for today’s services cost professional:
• detailed materials prices, labour constants, labour costs and measured work prices for mechanical and electrical works, from above ground drainage to automatic transfer switches, and circuit breakers to sprinkler systems
• an extensive Approximate Estimating section for quick, rule-of-thumb pricing of mechanical or electrical installations, together with elemental services costs for different types and standard of buildings
• full details of wage rates, daywork and cost indices on a national and Central London basis.
• an overhauled index and guidance notes
• updates, free of charge, twice a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
BSRIA’s complementary Rules of Thumb guide will be useful for approximately calculating values, setting outline targets and rapidly comparing different options to inform the early stages of the design process.
The latest edition comes in comes in a user-friendly spiral-bound format and contains:
greatly increased guidance about space and weight allowances
CO2 emissions benchmarks
clearer guidance about costs, expanded to include energy consumption, maintenance, operation and life cycle cost information
a system features section that has been subdivided into mechanical and electrical systems and clarified
guidance about compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations, renewable technologies and air permeability of buildings
Please note that dispatch times might be a little longer than normal due to SPON's being delivered by an external publisher. We will aim to fulfil within 48 hours.