The TSI 8040 and TSI 8048 PortaCount respirator fit testers are used for the testing of full & half face masks, SCBA's, and disposables (including P1 and P2 versions). Designed to be run from a tablet or PC (sale kits available with and without a tablet) these fit testers provide a consistent and objective testing experience across all respirator types. The easy to use software includes a FitCheck mode that helps users achieve a better fit for respirator wearers more quickly and a video animation guide that assists staff through the proper movements for each test exercise.
** Get a free Microsoft Surface Go tablet, WiFi USB adapter and USB cable when ordering a PortaCount 8040 or 8048 respirator fit tester before 31st December 2019 **
Available in two versions; the TSI 8040 product is designed for all full and half face filtering masks as well as P3 disposable types and the 8048 covers these along with the P2 and P1 disposable types.
- Fit test ANY tight-fitting respirator including N95, P2 and P1 disposables (8048 model only)
- Fast fit testing time
- PC or tablet operation
- WiFi capabilities
- Measures fit factors greater than 10,000
- Switch between different respirator types in under a minute
- Automated fit testing with FitPro Ultra software
- Real-time FitCheck mode to train new users and troubleshoot failed fit tests
- Interactive troubleshooting guide
- HSE compliant
Tablet bundle kits:
- Includes Microsoft Surface Go tablet, WiFi USB adapter, and USB cable, in addition to standard accessories kit. Features touchscreen tablet for easier, more efficient, more productive testing and the wireless connectivity gives more freedom to multitask and assist test subjects.
TSI offers a comprehensive range of accessories including mask sample adapters. See separate data sheet for details.
Fit factor range 1 to greater than 10,000 8048 model only : 1 to 200 for N95 type masks
Typical fit factor accuracy ±10 % of reading
Respirator facepieces that can be fit tested
Model 8048 : Full-face elastomeric, half-face elastomeric, NIOSH 95, 99 & 100 series, and EN series P1, P2 and P3 filtering facepiece
Fit factor measurement Direct measurement of fit factor (Cout/Cin) - Mask leakage is measured simultaneously while test subject moves and breathes
Dimensions (HWD) 12 cm x 27 cm x 24 cm
Weight Unit only 3.2 kg with case 6.9 kg
Power Autosensing 100 to 250 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
Flow rate Sample 350 cm3/min. Total 1000 cm3/min (nominal)
Pass /Fail setting User selectable: 0 to 10,000
Factory recalibration interval One year
Communications WiFi, USB-C and USB-A
Warranty Two years on workmanship and materials
Microsoft Surface Go tablet Supplied with bundle kits only; 64 GB storage, Intel Pentium 4415Y processor, 4 GB RAM, 10 " touchscreen display, WiFi, Bluetooth and Windows 10
Minimum PC hardware requirements for FitPro Ultra fit test software Microsoft Windows 7 Windows 8 or Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) operating system. Microsoft Net version 4, internet conection, 1280 x 800 monitor screen resolution, 500 MB free space on drive, x1 spare USB port.
Minimum tablet requirements Windows 10 operating system with USB port (for initial setup)