The Minneapolis blower door system is a compact, lightweight & simple to operate building airtightness testing system available in both 110 V (hire only) & 230 V options. Leakage rates are calculated quickly & effortlessly using the DG-1000 digital pressure and flow gauge.
The fan can operate in a stand alone fabric which is suitable for most domestic applications or in multiples giving the end user a blower door system that can test commercial buildings.
TEC blower door training simulator software is available free via the download tab.
- Precision engineered fan system
- Lightweight & rugged injection moulded fan housing.
- Precise, stable flow measurements without the need for dampening.
- Quick & accurate flow measurements. Single fan range from 141 to 2,973* l/s (to 6,300* CFM , to 10,700* m³/hr).
- Optional ring C will measure down to 47 l/s (100 cfm).
- Built-in WiFi link on the DG-1000 pressure and flow gauge
- Solid state variable speed fan control.
- Compatible with both pressurisation & depressurisation testing.
- 110 V (hire only) and 230 V models available.
- Up to 20 fans can be operated in multi fan systems.
* Based on Mains electrical supply frequency of 60Hz. Maximum flow rates will be less when operating at a mains frequency of 50Hz.
The DG-1000 pressure and flow gauge contains 2 precision pressure sensors which provides simultaneous display of both building pressure and blower door fan flow readings. It’s specialised “Baseline” and “l/s @50” features makes it extremely easy to get quick and accurate airtightness test results. In addition, they can be used along with a laptop computer and The Energy Conservatories TECTITE software to conduct fully automated blower door tests.
The Energy Conservatory series of blower doors are NOT SUITABLE for use with generators.
The BSRIA Instrument Solutions rental stock of air tightness testing equipment DOES NOT carry a UKAS accredited calibration and therefore should only be used for diagnostic purposes. An optional UKAS accredited calibration service is available at an additional charge.
Model 4 fan specification (additional details from data sheet / manual)
Fan electrical input 220 - 240 V, 50 Hz, 3.7A, 1 Ph
Operational environment 0 to 48 oC
Weight 15 kg
Fan over-current protection fuse 250 VAC / 5A Type F VDE
Fan motor rating 3/4 HP, Class B insulation, thermally protected
Available via the download tab:
- The blower door simulator is a software training aid that helps trainers demonstrate how to perform a blower door test without having to physically set up a blower door system. The blower door simulator includes a virtual Model 3 Minneapolis Blower Door and DG-700 pressure and flow gauge that can be used to perform a blower door test on a virtual dwelling. Test conditions such as building airtightness, indoor/outdoor temperatures, building style and wind levels can be set to simulate a variety of testing scenarios.