The KANE Alert CO2 provides a low cost method of assessing carbon dioxide (CO2) levels and the efficiency of ventilation in offices, public buildings, commercial kitchens and other locations where indoor air quality is important.
High levels of CO2 can cause, drowsiness, headaches or even long term damage. Examples of recommended CO2 limits include:-
- Building Bulletin 101 states that the average CO2 concentration in classrooms during teaching should not exceed 1500 ppm.
- British Standards BS6896, BS6230 and BS5990 which cover various gas fired heaters state that CO2 concentrations should not exceed 2,800 ppm where people are working.
Other applications for the instrument include monitoring growing conditions in glasshouses and to warn of leaks when CO2 is stored in pressurised containers in an enclosed area.
Other features include:
- Long life NDIR sensor measures carbon dioxide (CO2) up to 3000 ppm
- Measures temperature over the range 0 to 50 °C
- Max/Min mode
- Alarm mode
- Logs up to 48 readings at 30 minute intervals
- Calculates and displays ventilation rates
- Battery life typically 80 hours 4 x AA
- Supplied with mains adapter
- Fitted with tilt stand for ease of use
Range 0 to 3000 ppm CO2 & 0 to 50 oC
Display resolution 1 ppm from 0 to 1000 ppm, 5 ppm from 1000 to 2000 ppm, 10 ppm from 2000 to 3000 ppm display shows 'Hi'
Accuracy ± 50 ppm, or ± 5 % of reading
Repeatability ± 20 ppm
Dimensions 66 mm long x 83 mm high x 26 mm deep