Spon’s price book 2021 set – Mechanical & Electrical and Architects & Builders.
Spon's Mechanical and Electrical Services Price Book 2021 continues to be the most comprehensive and best annual services engineering price book currently available, providing detailed pricing information across the full range of mechanical and electrical services, together with higher-level costs for a diverse range of systems and different building applications.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2021 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform, available for access and use until the end of December 2021.
In this year’s book
• An overhaul of the uninterruptible power supply section, and revised costs for air source heat pumps
• new items including:
– HDPE pipe for above ground drainage systems
– fire protection mist systems
– electric vehicle chargers
• new engineering features: data centre cooling, later living developments, residential heat pumps, large scale heat pumps, and local energy networks
• Articles on intelligent buildings to boost productivity efficiency and well being, ways data analytics is transforming BIM, digital delivery and the design process, and coronavirus and the future of work
All the standard features you have come to expect from Spon's Mechanical and Electrical Services Price Book are also included, considered essential for today’s services cost professional:
• detailed materials prices, labour constants, labour costs and measured work prices for mechanical and electrical works, from above ground drainage to automatic transfer switches, and circuit breakers to sprinkler systems
• an extensive Approximate Estimating section for quick, rule-of-thumb pricing of mechanical or electrical installations, together with elemental services costs for different types and standard of buildings
• full details of wage rates, daywork and cost indices on a national and Central London basis.
• an overhauled index and guidance notes
• updates, free of charge, twice a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Spon's Architects’ and Builders’ Price Book 2021, compiled by AECOM, still provides the most accurate, detailed and professionally relevant construction price information for the UK. Its unique Tender Index , updated through the year (2015 = 100), gives an ongoing reality check and allows you to adjust for changing market conditions. Although it suits a wide range of project sizes, this is the only price book which sets out a detailed cost base for contracts exceeding £4,000,000 in value. Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2021 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform, available for access and use until the end of December 2021.
As well as an overhaul of prices, several new items have been added, including:
- a London fringe office cost model
- a higher education refurbishment cost model
- Pecafil® permanent formwork
- and an expanded range of cast iron rainwater products
along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON’S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK:
- 20,000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constants and detailed build-ups
- Hundreds of alternative materials prices for the more unusual items
- Detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses
- Updates, free of charge, twice a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk