Available in hardcopy or as an e-book.
E-book delivery details:
- On purchase, we will send you one licence key per copy within two working days.
- The e-book is accessible via VitalSource® e-book software - access details will be sent to you.
- You may use this at home, office, mobile device or anywhere you have access to the internet.
- As each key is a single user licence this will prohibit wider distribution.
The ninth edition of Hall and Greeno's leading textbook has been reviewed in relation to building and water regulations, technology, and legislation.
For this edition, material includes: the reappraisal of CO2 emissions targets, updates to sections on ventilation, fuel, A/C, refrigeration, water supply, electricity and power supply, sprinkler systems, and much more.
The Building Services Handbook summarises the application of all common elements of building services practice, technique and procedure, to provide an essential information resource for practitioners and students working in building services, building management and the facilities administration and maintenance sectors of the construction industry.
Information is presented in the highly illustrated and accessible style and is ideal for a wide range of courses. The clear illustrations and complementary references to industry Standards combine essential guidance with a resource base for further reading and development of specific topics.
Table of Contents
2. Cold Water Supply Systems
3. Hot Water Supply Systems
4. Heating Systems
5. Fuel Characteristics and Storage
6. Ventilation Systems
7. Air Conditioning
8. Drainage Systems, Sewage Treatment and Refuse Disposal
9. Sanitary Fitments and Appliances: Discharge and Waste Systems
10. Gas Installation, Components and Controls
11. Electrical Supply and Installations
12. Mechanical Conveyors - Lifts, Escalators and Travelators
13. Fire Prevention and Control Services
14. Security Installations
15. Accommodation for Building Services
16. Alternative and Renewable Energy
17. Appendices: Glossary of Common Abbreviations; Graphical Symbols for Pipe Work; Identification of Pipe Work; Graphical Symbols for Electrical Installation Work; Metrication, Introduction, Background and Development; Conversion of Common Imperial Units to Metric; and Notation on Building Services Drawings.
Fred Hall had a varied career in the building services industry before lecturing on craft, technician and professional examination courses at Guildford College. His numerous books on the subject have assisted countless students to successfully pursue their qualification objectives.Roger Greeno is a well-known author of construction texts. He has extensive practical and consultancy experience in the industry, in addition to lecturing at several colleges of further and higher education, and the University of Portsmouth. He has also examined for City & Guilds, Edexcel, the Chartered Institute of Building and the University of Reading.