BSRIA is delighted to be staging its Smart Network Launch on the morning of Friday 6th October at Nomura’s offices in London.
With our buildings becoming smarter, we need to get smarter too!
Henry Lawson, Senior Market Research Consultant, BSRIA, said:
“With the Internet of Things (IoT) meaning that almost every device inside and outside of buildings can be given a degree of ‘intelligence’ and linked in to the internet and with Cloud computing offering almost limitless power to collect and analyse information about every aspect of building services, smart buildings are rapidly moving from a ‘niche’ area into one that will impact on everybody who lives or works in buildings, which means all of us.
BSRIA is already reporting on a wide range of smart building technologies. Now we are going further by setting up BSRIA’s own Smart Network.
This will be your opportunity to talk to BSRIA and other industry professionals about key trends and how we best respond to them.”
Lawson went on:
“Smart technology will influence everyone involved in building services. We in the industry now have the chance to influence the way that smart technology is applied. A vital first stage is coming together to discuss what the most important issues will be and how we want to approach them. This Smart Network promises to be a vital step in that process.”
It will be an opportunity to discuss questions such as:-
- What does the IoT mean for building automation?
- How will it affect different types and sizes of building?
- In what ways can HVAC systems become smarter and how far is this already happening?
- How do we get the most out of the potential smartness of our buildings?
- Are smart buildings easier to manage or more complicated?
- What does the smart world mean for building maintenance and facility management?
- What kind of security risks does the smart world bring and how do we best grapple with them?
Nomura International Plc, 1 Angel Lane, London EC4R 3AB
10:00 Welcome – Lynne Ceeney, Technical Director, BSRIA
10:15 Introduction – Henry Lawson, Senior Market Research Consultant, BSRIA
10:45 Chiller controls – Andrew Keogh, Technical Director, Carrier Rental Systems
11:30 Intro to Workshop – Henry Lawson, BSRIA
12:40 Feedback & discussion
13:00 Networking lunch