BSRIA is delighted to announce that Dr Michelle Agha-Hossein, BSRIA Sustainable Building Consultant, will chair the Soft Landings seminar at the ecobuild 2016 conference to be held on Thursday 10th March at Excel in London.
The seminar is called ‘The business case for a Soft Landings approach to delivering better buildings’.
Soft Landings is increasingly being recognised as an important process in helping to ensure the actual building performance closely matches the design intent in terms of energy consumption and occupant comfort.
This seminar will examine the evidence and value of implementing a Soft Landings approach and the processes used to deliver better performing buildings by exploring the business case and challenges and opportunities for the client and project teams.
The panelists are:
• Ashley Bateson, Partner, Hoare Lea.
• Alasdair Donn, Principal Consultant, Willmott Dixon Interiors.
• Tamsin Twedell, Sustainability Team Leader, Max Fordham.
Dr Agha-Hossein said: “This is an excellent opportunity for attendees to hear about case studies which demonstrate the benefits of Soft Landings. Over the past few years, BSRIA has been instrumental in setting up its Soft Landings Network with many key industry figures. Soft Landings can play a vital role in closing the performance gap.
Government Soft Landings (GSL), which is based on the BSRIA Soft Landings Framework, will apply to all central government projects from April 2016. GSL will also be discussed in this seminar. We urge as many people as possible to attend this seminar.”
• The event will provide access to thousands of new products from over 800 suppliers within the design, construction and energy sectors.
• Three distinct conference themes: homes, architecture and next generation.
• Over 600 industry leaders, internationally acclaimed architects and ‘high-profile personalities’.
The free event runs from: Tuesday 8th – Thursday 10th March.
To register to attend: